- It takes 5 minutes to make.
- Can be made in cute individuals pots.
- Or made as a big dessert to slice and share.
- Did I mention Tiramisu and cookies?
Strawberry Cookie Tiramisu No Bake Dessert
~ makes 4 individual desserts.
- 1 cup of strong brewed coffee, I used stove-top espresso
- 25 ml of Disarrono, or other almond spirit.
- 8 chocolate chip cookies, I used Maryland cookies, as they are a perfect size for my individual dishes.
- handful of fresh Strawberries, divided 4 whole, rest sliced.
- 300 ml of double cream
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar, optional
This dessert comes together pretty quickly, so best to get everything prepared before you begin.
Make the coffee and allow to cool, for this I find a wide dish best. Add the Disarrono.
Slice the strawberries, leaving the smallest and most perfect 4 for the top of each dessert.
Whip the cream with a tablespoon of icing sugar to the soft peak stage.
Add a dessert spoon of cream to the bottom of each pot. Then dunk a cookie into the coffee mixture, making sure to dunk on both sides. You want the cookie to soften but not to break apart. Add the cookie on top of the cream to each pot. Add a small layer of sliced strawberries, then more cream.
To the cream add another dunked cookie, pressing fairly firmly down, the cream should start to squish out the sides slightly. Add another layers of strawberries, and then a thick layer of cream, filling any gaps round the side. Top with a whole strawberry.
You can dust with icing sugar or a little grated chocolate.
Leave in the fridge for at least an hour before eating.
Want to keep up with all my latest posts? I am @coffeemuffins on twitter.